Typical Suburban Day… RIGHT??

Post to Twitter .

Tuesday started like any other day.  Every typical suburban mom has days like this right?!

5:55am – alarm goes off.  Snooze.

6:03am – alarm goes off again.  Snooze twice.

6:30am – alarm goes off again.  Finally open eyes and turn on the news.  Afterall, we have to know the current pollen count right?

6:35am – both boys come bouncing into our room ready to start their day. Immediately I’m asked a million questions and told a thousand things.

  • “Momma.  I’m hungry.”
  • “Momma.  I have to go pee-pee.”
  •  “Momma.  Get up pleeeeease.”
  • “Momma.  Can I vacuum?”
  • “Momma.  Did you make my chore chart yet?”

6:55am – roll out of bed because I’m now late.

6:55am until 7:35am – get myself ready for work; get the boys ready for school; make lunches; and make breakfast.  Common phrases said numerous times during the 30+ minutes.

  • “Hurry!”
  • “Yes, you have to change your underwear.  It’s not optional.”
  • “Please put your pants on.”
  • “Your shirt is backwards.”
  • “Why are your pants still not on?”
  • “Are you wearing Christmas socks, Ryan?”
  • “And are you wearing Halloween socks, Owen?”
  • “Seriously, get your pants on please.”

7:35am – load everyone into the car and head to school

7:55am – finally leave school and start commute to my doctor (OB) appointment on the other side of Atlanta.

9:00am – arrive at doctor appointment.

10:10am – finally see the actual doctor.  I went in for an extra appointment with a doctor I normally don’t see because of some weird pains and uncomfortable baby movements over the last several days.  Basically, I was told that everything is perfectly fine and normal and that I’m carrying this baby completely different than I carried the boys.  This baby is being front carried and sitting extremely low.  She is very active and bouncing on my cervix.  She is also a big baby like the boys were so she doesn’t have a lot of room to move and when she does move her arms and legs she is jabbing me in the exact same spot over and over throughout the day/night.  It’s become painful because it’s basically like poking at a bruise over and over and over.  I was told to drink lots of water; keep my stress low; and my feet elevated as much as possible.  I was also told to be in water as often as I can because it will naturally lift the baby and the pressure she is placing on my cervix.

10:50am – arrive at work.

11:15am – leave for lunch meeting

11:17am – car won’t start.  WHAT THE?!?!?!

11:19am – convince a coworker to drive me to a lunch meeting with the bribe that she will get a free lunch.

2:00pm – leave lunch and stress about whether or not the car will start.

2:15pm – no go on the car starting.

2:15pm until 3:45pm – call hubby; call Honda Carland; call road side assistance.  Attempt jumping the car.  Nope.  Attempt looking at fuses.  Nope.  Attempt user manual.  Nope.

3:45pm – As I stand next to my dead car in the parking lot I receive a call from our credit card fraud department due to suspicious activity on my account.  No worries though because I was the suspicious activity.  I hadn’t used my credit card in quite some time and then purchased a new vacuum cleaner on Monday over lunch during a minor freak out moment when I realized I didn’t have diapers for baby girl arriving in a few short weeks.  I have no idea how a vacuum cleaner purchase came out of the diaper run over lunch, but regardless I spent several hundred dollars on a credit card I had not used in probably over a year.  Thank you for checking to make sure it was legit; timing not so good though and just added to my crazy day, panic and stress level.

4:00pm – I leave to get boys from school using Jim’s car.  Jim stays with the car and waits for tow truck.

4:30pm – tow car to Honda Carland.

5:00pm – get boys and run home to let the dog outside; grab the iPad for a movie in the car; grab a snack for the starving boys.

6:20pm – arrive at Honda Carland.  See Jim car shopping and day dreaming about his next vehicle.  His is old and time to be replaced.  Not today though.

6:40pm – dinner from drive thru McDonald’s.

6:45pm – miss family night at school with pjs, snack and books read by teachers/director.  Bummer.

7:30pm – finally arrive home.

8:00pm – boys in bed and mommy to follow not long afterwards.

I’m pretty sure when the doctor said low-stress he wasn’t referring to a broken down vehicle and rush hour traffic in Atlanta with two hungry kids in the backseat.  Ahhh… the day in the life of a typical suburban family.

You can relate right?

If you don’t follow me on facebook, you probably don’t know how this story ends.  Stay tuned to hear more about this……

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I would LOVE to hear from you!

%d bloggers like this: